Policy 5J.2 Parking and Property
Click here for PDF copy.
1. These regulations apply only to the Anoka-Ramsey Community College campus property. Streets around the campuses and adjoining neighborhoods are governed by state law and the cities of Coon Rapids or Cambridge ordinances.
NOTE: City of Coon Rapids or Cambridge police also are responsible for parking violations on campuses.
2. Driving and parking on campuses are permitted in accordance with these regulations, which are designed for safety and to control movement of vehicles. They also are designed to provide maximum use of the parking facilities at Anoka-Ramsey Community College and to insure that everyone, students, faculty, staff or visitors have an equal opportunity to park. All persons operating a vehicle on campus are responsible for being familiar with and complying with all traffic and parking regulations.
3. Anoka-Ramsey Community College assumes no liability for care of, damage to, and/or protection of any vehicle or its contents at anytime while it is operated on or parked on the campus property. All vehicles should be locked and personal belongings out of sight when left unattended.
4. Only those vehicles belonging to students or employees of Anoka-Ramsey Community College or to other persons having a purpose or function at the college may park on college property.
5. Parking is prohibited on college property in the evening after 11:30 p.m. with the following exceptions:
a. Vehicles that are owned or leased by the college.
b. When approved activities are not completed until 11:30 p.m. or later, vehicles are to be removed from college property as soon as possible after the completion of the activity.
c. Vehicles belonging to college employees whose hours of employment require their presence at college between the hours of 11:30 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
6. Parking is prohibited on college roadways, sidewalks, landscaped areas, safety zones, loading zones, within ten feet of intersections adjacent to yellow curbs, and in areas where parking is expressly prohibited by signs. Exceptions to this regulation are as follows:
a. College-owned vehicles, when being used in the performance of work on college property
b. Vehicles making delivery of goods to the college may park in the loading zones during required delivery time
c. Only handicapped persons are permitted to park in the parking spaces identified as handicapped parking
d. Parking in a restricted area shall be limited to those persons who have been issued a special permit. Special parking permits are issued by the Business Office in the form of a card or sticker that must be properly displayed with date visible.
e. Both special and visitor parking permits allow parking in designated campus parking lots. The responsibility for finding a legal parking space rests with the vehicle operator. Lack of space is not considered a valid excuse for violation of parking regulations.
7. Parking lanes are designated by painted lines. Adequate space has been provided between each set of painted lines to park an automobile. Parking is restricted to a maximum of one parking lane per vehicle. Parking on lane lines or parking in a position that occupies more than one parking lane is prohibited.
8. Drivers shall observe the campus traffic signage, parking regulations and laws, and drive safely, giving pedestrians the right-of-way at all times.
9. Anoka-Ramsey Community College reserves the right to ticket and/or tow any vehicle in violation of established parking regulations at the owner's expense.
10. The dumping or depositing of any refuse on college property is prohibited.
11. The regulatory provisions of Minnesota Statute 196,Chapter 169, as amended, are hereby adopted as traffic regulations controlling the use of parking facilities and private roads, roadways and college property on property owned, leased, occupied or operated by Anoka-Ramsey Community College.
For Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) policies and procedures, go to http://www.mnscu.edu/board/policy/index.html