Anoka-Ramsey Community Colleges is a partner in a DOL TAACCCT grant with eight other colleges from across the country. Our collaborative focus is on creating very specific targeted Healthcare Career Pathways for underemployed, unemployed, low-income and low-skill workers. Anoka-Ramsey Community College has a variety of resources available to help students succeed including: Developmental Education course offerings, Peer Tutoring, and Adult Basic Education options to facilitate both the entrance and successful completion of healthcare programs.
As a partner, we are committed to responding to the educational needs of the healthcare community by providing an opportunity for individuals to develop and enhance their knowledge, skills, and values in a supportive learning environment.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College along with eight other H2P community and technical colleges throughout the nation continuously assess student and employment outcomes by using information to improve the quality of health professions pathways.
1) Provide trade-impacted and unemployed workers, and incumbent health profession workers with adequate preparation, support and opportunities to complete postsecondary training in health professions that provide credentials aligned with job advancement; Job Search Workshops Flyer
2) Expand and enhance the healthcare workforce with the competencies needed by industry, including developing a healthcare core curriculum;
3) Develop career pathways that improve retention and achievement rates to reduce time to completion;
4) Build the capacity of community colleges to continuously assess student and employment outcomes and use this information to improve the quality of health professions pathways;
5) Implement cutting-edge, innovative technology tools and resource systems (Job Search Workshops Flyer)
“This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.”
This work by the Heath Professions Pathways (H2P) Consortium, a Department of Labor, TAACCCT funded project is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Unported License.
To see if you are eligible for the H2P program, click here