Marketing & Public Relations
Do you want to promote an Academic Program or offering at Anoka-Ramsey Community College? Here are some resources for you to consider.
New Academic Programs/Offerings
Once AASC Approval is Complete:
Consider, who is the target audience? How can they be reached? Do you have mail/email lists?
Audiences/Lists to Consider
College Supporters/Alumni Director of Development (Michael Wall)
Current Enrollments Institutional Research (Nora Morris)
Prospective New Students Recruitment
Industry/Businesses Professional Training
Prepare program benefits/solutions. Why should a student be interested? What type of job will they get?
Are there transfer options, articulation agreements or related portal offerings?
Prepare communications/training for counselors/advisors.
Prepare internal communications for the Marketing and Public Relations Department. Consider an announcement to the college, a college bulletin/student bulletin story
Consider scheduling information sessions.
What student life and student services offerings does Anoka-Ramsey have to compliment this program? Work with Val Knight to prepare a program guide sheet.
Use college templates to design promotional materials. (examples: post cards, posters, brochures, tv monitors) N:/ARCC Public/Marketing and Public Relations/Department Templates
Once MnSCU Approval is Complete:
Notify Mary Jacobson with the Marketing and Public Relations Department to fully prepare:
- Guide sheet layout for online academic catalog and single-sheet printing.
- Implement internal announcement via email and college bulletin.
- Web: prepare new web page for program, add guide sheet online, add to online academic catalog, create Flash item (part of the front homepage rotating graphics).
- Prepare Press Release/Photo Op for external announcement.
- Share with President’s Office.
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Jacobson, Marketing and Public Relations Department (1315).