Policy 1A.5 Calendar: Principles for Calendar Development
Click here for PDF copy.
The college shall establish an annual calendar incorporating the academic schedule following these principles:
Principles for Calendar Development
- The calendar should serve the convenience of the community-at-large.
- The calendar should facilitate the transfer of students.
- The calendar should accommodate the special needs of occupational programs.
- There should be a significant break between each semester (a double summer session should be treated as a single semester).
- The calendar should contribute to the professional development of the college staff.
- The calendar should seek consistency in the identity of the academic year.
- The calendar should facilitate coordination and cooperation with the metropolitan community colleges and technical colleges.
03.17.75 Adopted and implemented.
For Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) policies and procedures, go to http://www.mnscu.edu/board/policy/index.html