Display this page in a printer-friendly format  Print

Policy 5K.2 Travel by Students and Staff

Click here for PDF copy.

State vehicles are to be used for college business only. Out-of-state travel by students, staff and other paid college representatives acting on behalf of the college or as participants in college programs, or non-college travel using the college name and campus for promotion, shall have prior approval in writing from the President or the President’s designee. Smoking is not permitted in state or college vehicles.

Refer to N:\ARCC Public\Safety and Security\Motor Vehicle Driving Information & Forms for the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Vehicle Fleet Safety Program Guidelines.


05.1984 Adopted policy
07.2001 Updated
12.2009 Added reference to Motor Vehicle Driving Information on the N:Drive and smoking statement. Clarified out-of-state travel approval.

For Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) policies and procedures, go to http://www.mnscu.edu/board/policy/index.html