Tips & Expectations for Getting Financial Aid on Time
Where do you start?
- Be proactive! The time-frame for receiving your aid is directly impacted by how quickly you submit required information! Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1st at www.fafsa.gov. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer your federal tax information from the IRS into your FAFSA. Watch the DRT Tutorial.
- If you have completed a FAFSA for the previous year, you may use your 4-digit federal Personal indentification Number (PIN) to pre-fill your current year's FAFSA.
- Include Anoka-Ramsey Community College school code 002332 on your FAFSA.
- To ensure priority consideration for all financial aid programs for the next school year, your financial aid file must be completed by April 1st. Files complted after that date will be processed and awarded with funds still available.
- Complete the Consent Form if you want to give the Financial Aid Office permissions to discuss your financial aid with a third party (e.g., parent, spouse, agency, etc.).
When will I receive my financial aid?
Financial aid is disbursed no earlier than the tenth day of each semester. After the initial disbursement date financial aid is disbursed every Friday.