Financial Aid for Summer Semester
Summer Semester Financial Aid
Summer semester is awarded separately from fall and spring semester. Students interested in summer financial aid need to:
- Complete the FAFSA and provide all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office
- Register for summer courses - (course registration triggers Financial Aid to review students for summer financial aid)
- Last Day to accept summer loan requests - July 27, 2016
Award notices are only online. You will receive an email to your school email address alerting you when your summer award letter is completed. Check Your Financial Aid Status online.
Paying Tuition and Fees - Important Reminders
- Tuition invoices are not mailed.
- Students are responsible to monitor their student account balance online.
- Students are financially responsible for all registration activity.
If Anoka Ramsey Community College has received your Financial Aid application (FAFSA) from the Federal Processing Center by summer tuition due date (regardless if you have received your award notice yet), your summer semester tuition/fees will be deferred. Contact the Business Office for questions regarding tuition due dates. Tuition and fees not paid by financial aid will remain your responsibility.
Types of Aid for Summer
Federal Pell Grant, Minnesota State Grant, MN Childcare Grants, loans and work-study are available this summer. If you are eligible for either the Federal Pell grant or Federal Direct Loans and you did not use your full eligibility during fall and spring term, you may have eligibility during the summer.
Changing Your Schedule
Financial aid adjustments due to class schedule changes: If you decide to add a course after the 5th day of the term start, your Pell Grant CANNOT be adjusted for the increase in credits. If you drop a course and add another course that is the same number of credits after the 5th day of the term start, your Pell Grant will be negatively affected, as your added course will not be recognized. If you drop any courses after the 5th day of the term start, you may be required to repay part or all of your summer aid. Cancelled courses can also affect your financial aid eligibility. YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE MUST BE FIRM AND YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES AFTER THE 5TH DAY OF THE TERM OR RISK AID REDUCTIONS.
You are required to be enrolled in at least 6 credits (not including W's) at the time of any loan disbursement. If you are not enrolled in at least 6 eligible credits, loans cannot be disbursed.
If you are transferring to Anoka Ramsey Community College this summer and you have already completed the FAFSA for another school, you will need to go online www.fafsa.gov to add Anoka Ramsey Community College's school code 002332. Your summer financial aid will be determined based on the financial aid used fall and spring semester up to annual and/or aggregate loan limits.
Summer Book Charging
For those students who have a completed FAFSA, Anoka Ramsey Community College supports a Summer Book Charge process:
- Summer book charging is only allowed during the first week prior and first week of the semester.
- You must bring photo ID and your class schedule to the bookstore to charge books to your student account.
- Bookstore Charges are added as a charge on your student account. If the books you charge are not fully covered by financial aid awards, you are responsible for all of the charges. Review your summer award letter to confirm what financial aid you have available based on your registered credits.