Anoka-Ramsey offers reasonable accommodations to students with documented disabilities to help them achieve academic success.
Disability Services provides accommodations for a variety of disabilities including, but not limited to:
(click here for a printable brochure)
- learning disabilities
- hearing loss
- vision loss
- physical disabilities
- psychological disabilities
- attention deficit disorders
- brain injuries
- autism spectrum disorders
- cognitive disabilities
- intellectual disabilities
- other health related disabilities
Examples of Accommodations:
- Testing-extra time, quiet room
- Early registration
- Assistive technology
- Assistive facilities (chairs, desks, etc.)
Accommodations are determined on an individual basis during conversations between the student and Coordinator of Disability Services and a review of documentation.
Setting up Accommodations
Recent documentation is considered when documentation was updated at 18 years of age or older or within the last 3 years and shows an adult level of functioning.
- Documentation must include:
- How diagnosis constitutes a disability
- Impairment of major life activities
- Functional limitations
- Temporary or permanent disability
*Note: You need to update your accommodation letter EVERY semester.
- Once documentation is reviewed by the Coordinator of Disability Services, you will be contacted for an intake appointment
- You will leave the intake appointment with letters to provide your instructors of your approved accommodations for the semester*
MnSCU Policy Statement
The college campuses have been audited by The Office of Civil Rights and have been found to be fully ADA compliant.