Home School Student Information
What is PSEO?
The Post-Secondary Educational Options (PSEO) program is a state program for high school and home school juniors and seniors, which offers the opportunity to enroll in and attend college-level courses and apply earned credits toward high school graduation requirements and a college degree. State funding covers the cost of tuition and required books for eligible courses. (See below for eligibility requirements)
PSEO Informational Sessions
Sessions designed to give prospective PSEO students and parents information on the application process, answer common questions, and inform students and parents of challenges/advantages to PSEO. Click on a date below to register for a session. This is NOT the required Orientation and Registration Session.
Cambridge PSEO Info Sessions:
Wednesday, February 25th 5:30 pm
Thursday, March 19th 5:30 pm
Tuesday, March 31st 6:30 pm - Following the Cambridge Open House. The Open House will start at 5 pm.
Coon Rapids PSEO Info Sessions:
Wednesday, February 18th 5:30 pm
Tuesday, March 17th 5:30 pm
Thursday, April 2nd 7pm - Following the Coon Rapids Open House. The Open House will start at 5 pm.
How to become a PSEO Student: Junior or Senior Home School Student
Apply Online and then submit the documents listed below:
- Complete the PSEO Notice of Student Registration Form (also known as the PSEO State form). Home school administrator/parent signature required.
- Submit your home school transcript.
- Submit nationally standardized test score. Please check the Eligibility requirements section to see the necessary percentile ranking for each grade level.
Fall Semester Spring Semester
- Priority/Early: April 15 - December 1
- Final: July 1
Submit paperwork to:
Anoka-Ramsey Community College
Attn: PSEO Admissions
300 Spirit River Drive South
Cambridge, MN 55008
You will be notified by mail if you have been accepted or denied. Students will not be accepted until all paperwork listed above has been submitted.
PSEO Academic Eligibility Requirements
Anoka-Ramsey Community College follows the PSEO admission guidelines set forth by the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU). Students are admitted based the following criteria:
Traditional High School, Charter School and Home School Students:
- High School Juniors: Must be in the upper one-third of class or test score at or above the 70th percentile on any nationally standardized, norm-referenced test such as the ITED, PLAN, ACT, PSAT, or SAT.
- High School Seniors: Must be in the upper one-half of class or test score at or above 50th percentile on any nationally standardized, norm-referenced test such as the ITED, PLAN, ACT, PSAT, or SAT.
AFTER you are accepted:
- Placement Test is required before registering
- View Walk In testing schedule online
- Students may substitute ACT exam of 18 or higher English and/or 22 or higher Math
- Attendance Required before PSEO registration
- Sign up for Registration Planning Session
- Bring Placement Test results or ACT exam on the day of your Orientation and Registration session
4) Pick up Books
- Only PSEO students are eligible to pick up books in the bookstore (no one may pick books up for students)
- The student will need to present a photo ID and a printed class schedule at time of pick up
- PSEO books are available approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the semester
Restricted Courses: PSEO students are not eligible to take any Developmental Courses (Courses numbered lower than 1000) or the courses listed below. Neither developmental courses nor the courses listed below are eligible for PSEO funding.
HPER 1123 Outdoor Activities
HPER 1132 Skiing (Cambridge)
HPER 1132 Skiing (Coon Rapids)
HPER 1134 Snowboarding (Cambridge)
HPER 1134 Snowboarding (Coon Rapids)
HPER 1144 Camping (Cambridge)
HPER 1156 Golf
HUM 2200 Field Study Abroad
MUSC 1105 Applied Lesson
MUSC 2105 Applied Lesson
MUSC 2150 AFA Applied Lesson
MUSC 2175 AFA Recital Applied Lesson
NATS 1003 (SD Trip, Summer only)
Special High School Admission
High School students who are not enrolled at Anoka-Ramsey Community College through the PSEO program and are at least 16 years of age may be admitted to enroll in courses outside of the PSEO program for any term, including summer session. Students are responsible for payment of tuition, fees and books. Interested students must complete ARCC’s general paper application, submit placement test results and receive written permission to enroll from a parent or guardian. High school transcripts may be required. If interested please inquire with the Admissions Department to receive the Financial Aid Responsibilty form.
PEOPLE TO CONTACT
PSEO Admissions Advisor