Application Process for Military and Veteran Students
Determine eligibility for application fee waiver
Please contact Veteran Services prior to applying to the college to determine eligibility.
You will be prompted to:
- Create a MnSCU account to complete the online application.
- DO NOT Pay the $20 application if you are a qualified veteran, military service member or eligible dependent (as determined by Veterans Services staff)
- Watch the mail for a letter containing your Student Tech ID and Pin number
After you are admitted
- View Walk-In testing schedule online
- Keep results from the test
- Students may substitute ACT exam score of 18 or higher English and/or 22 or higher Math
- Anoka-Ramsey will require official transcripts if you are planning to pursue a degree, certificate or complete the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
- Incoming transfer students with more than 12 college-level credits should have official transcripts from previous institutions sent to the Records and Registration office.
- If you are transferring from another MnSCU institution please fill out the transcript request form.
- To use your VA educational benefits, you are also required to submit military transcripts from each branch of service in which you have been a member.
Schedule a Registration Appointment with Veterans Advisor
Veterans Services: 763-433-1390
Jeff Pool: 763-433-1963
Confirm Benefits are Ready
- Bring a copy of your benefit application, DD-214 and certificate of eligibility to the certifying official in the Records Office.
- GI Bill, be sure to turn in a signed copy of your course schedule or email a request for certification to the certifying official.
- Tuition assistance or reimbursement, be sure to submit your TA confirmations to the Business Office.
- Need assistance with applying for your benefits, contact Veterans Services: 763-433-1390.
PEOPLE TO CONTACT