General Student Registration
Ready to register for courses?
If you are a new student or a transfer student with less than 12 credits, then your next step is to sign up for Orientation and Registration (Also known As: Registration Planning Session). Once you attend a session, your Orientation hold will be removed.
Orientation and Registration will last between 2-3 hours depending on each student's need. Students must register for a session to be allowed to attend - no walk-ins! In the event you are more the 5 minutes late, you will be asked to reschedule for a later session.
Parents and other guests are welcome to attend, but may have to stand depending on the number of students in attendance. Attendance for the sessions is limited, so be sure to sign up early to have the best chance to register for the classes you want!
Before you sign up for Orientation and Registration you must:
1) Be accepted to Anoka-Ramsey and have your Student ID and PIN that were included in your acceptance letter.
2) Take either the Accuplacer exam or submit a copy of your ACT score (from the last two years) that meets Anoka-Ramsey's requirements. If unsure, please visit our testing website here.
At this session you will:
- Learn about important college policies, resources, and procedures
- Receive a campus tour and your student photo ID card
- Meet fellow students
- Have individual time with an advisor to help you with registering for your specific degree or program
- Have the option to complete your FAFSA with Financial Aid's assistance (Coon Rapids only)
- Have the chance to win some free Anoka-Ramsey gear!
What to Bring to Orientation and Registration?
- Acceptance letter or card with Student ID number
- Placement test or copy of ACT results
- Photo ID (Driver's license)
Schedule your Orientation and Registration
Cambridge Orientation and Registration Sessions
Coon Rapids Orientation and Registration Sessions