Documentation Requirements for Records dept when using GI Bill
The following documents need to be submitted to the Records Department where the Certifying Offical is located. To avoid delays, please provide all important documentation from the start. If you have questions, please contact Jeff Pool at 763-433-1963 .
- Completed Veterans Benefits Certification Form (for internal purposes only)
- Copy, complete with your signature, of your online VA Educational Application. (See form in #1 above for which VA form to complete)
- Copy of your DD-214 Report of Separation/Discharge Papers - (member 4 copy).
Copy of the NOBE - Notice of Basic Eligibility (Contact your unit for a copy).
- Official transcripts from any and all educational institutions you have previously attended.
- Official military transcripts from each branch of service in which you have been a member.
- AARTS: Army, National Guard
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF): Active Duty, Guard Reservists
- SMART: Navy, Marine
- Every Semester notify your campus Veterans Certifying Official in writing of any changes (add, drop or withdraw) to your Program/Major or your courses. Failure to do so may result in a delay of additional benefits and/or repayment of any overpayment.
Your completed file is filed with the VA Records Management Center in St. Louis, MO. A copy is retained at Anoka-Ramsey Community College.